Posting Number: 20110470
Job Title: Environmental Technician
Classification: Non-Exempt Staff
Rate of Pay: $36,381.00 Commensurate with experience
Type of Position: Full-Time
Organizational Unit: NGRREC-Terrestrial Ecology
Position Reports To: Terrestrial Wildlife Ecologist
Purpose of Position:
The person in this position will provide a variety of field and laboratory support for research occurring at the National Great Rivers Research and Education Center (NGRREC) Costello Confluence Field Station. Activities will include day-to-day support of NGRREC scientists and research equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following are duties that are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required or assigned.
- Provide laboratory and field support for various research and monitoring programs of NGRREC scientists.
- Collaborate with NGRREC scientists on other mission-oriented research.
- Assist in the day-to-day running of the wildlife ecology and community ecology laboratories, including collaboration with and monitoring of less senior members.
- Maintain inventory of general laboratory & field supplies and report items that need to be purchased to supervisor. Shelve and organize restocked items.
- Maintain awareness of NGRREC℠ Standard Lab Safety and Responsibilities.
- Enter data into computerized databases and/or spreadsheets.
- Conduct data analyses as assigned.
- Assist in scientific manuscript and report writing.
- Assist with preparation and submission of research grants.
- Overnight travel may be required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Training and Experience Required to Perform Essential Job Functions
- A Master’s Degree in Ecology or related discipline is required.
- Experience with animal ecology preferred.
- Strong quantitative skills.
- Experience in conducting laboratory and/or field experiments (and associated statistical analyses).
- Experience with analyses of STEM education datasets preferred.
- Evidence of scientific productivity (e.g., publications, presentations).
- Interests in developing one’s own research questions (within the mission of NGRREC).
- The ability to work independently and in larger groups.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Office and R.
- Physical ability to work outdoors in rough terrain and all weather conditions.
- Availability for early/late or weekend work.
- Driver’s License required.
Work Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00-4:30 , Some Evenings , Some Weekends
Open Date: 07/08/2019
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- GRANT FUNDED POSITION
- Valid drivers license required
Lewis & Clark Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, LCCC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. It is also the policy of the College to prohibit any form of harassment based on an individual’s protected status, such as gender, color, race, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or other protected group status as defined by law. If interested, please contact the Human Resource Department, Erickson Hall – Room 107.